12 September 2012

PORK

Remember two days ago where I briefly contemplated going home with a strange man just so that I could eat the pork his mom cooked for dinner? Well, my good decision making skills were rewarded.

I did NOT go home with a strange man two nights ago, but one night ago, I was at the birthday party of another man I don’t know and who wasn’t even there*, and the theme was… PORK! Like, who DOES that? I’m not complaining though. The man’s wife cooked FOUR different pork based dishes: pork rib soup (sup iga babi), pork fried noodles (mie goreng babi), spicy lemongrass pork (rica2 babi), and marinated grilled pork on a stick (sate babi). That pork on a stick was like candy for me. I had fifths. And I woke up with a sick stomach today, but it was soooo worth it!

This was my second or third plate. I forget which… On top is the spicy lemongrass pork and the bottom is obviously the pork on a stick.

IMG_1670

If there is food in Heaven, I hope it is this exact pork on a stick.

 

*The birthday boy was my friend’s brother. He’s in the Indonesian Navy and is currently out at sea and so was unable to attend his own birthday party. So his two siblings invited their friends over to his house for dinner. It was weird. But… PORK!

No comments: