11 September 2012

Things I Have Done Tonight

1. I briefly considered going home with a guy I met at a soccer game after school. But only because he told me his mom was cooking pork for dinner. It had nothing to do with the guy and everything to do with the possibility of pork. Don’t judge me. You try living in a country where pork is forbidden for 4 years, and then you’ll know what I mean.
2. I made 4 dozen cookies for Bible study tomorrow. This is one of my hybrid recipes. They started out as normal oatmeal cookies. Then I reduced the amount of butter and sugar and added dried coconut, walnuts, homemade vanilla, butterscotch chips, etc. And I haven’t eaten a SINGLE one yet! Go, me!
IMG_1662
3. I made a candle! The Ace Hardware here used to sell these most delicious candles, but they all went on sale several months ago and I was afraid that meant they wouldn’t be available any more. So naturally, I bought like a hundred. I mean, they were on sale, so that’s like saving money, right? Anyways, I’ve burnt most of them down as far as they’ll go. But I saved the melted bits and the bottoms that didn’t quite burn. And it turns out I had enough to make a whole new candle! This one will last me quite awhile I hope.
IMG_1664IMG_1665
4. I spent THREE hours not only re-learning a section of calculus but also figuring out how to teach it very clearly (that’s the hope anyways) to my 5 AP students first thing tomorrow morning.  It will be their first ever look at derivatives. That’s pretty foundational stuff.
IMG_1667
5. I took this dress that I don’t know why I bought last summer in America since it’s too short to even wear here, and I made it into a semi decent skirt that I CAN wear – even to school to teach in!
IMG_1668            IMG_1669 
It has been a productive night. And my house smells delicious. Who wants to come visit?

*EDIT* I would like to add to this list that I have now also killed a centipede and four cockroaches. That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to be super productive! And I agree with you about the pork...living without it for 4 years?!?! I'd go nuts.