Mega
- She is my Indonesian contact and my friend. She has helped to secure me my visa, she bought me a plane ticket from Jakarta to Semarang, she has taken care of other arrangements, and she reminds me on a near daily basis how much she is praying for me.
The ladies at the nursing home
- They have decided to adopt me as their prayer project for the time I'm gone.
Brian
- My "cousin", who drove all the way out here to see me before he left for Cali.
The woman
- She came to my yard sale and bought nothing. She handed me five dollars anyways, because she knew she wanted to be a part of something bigger than herself. As she left, she turned back and almost whispered, "Keep your eyes on Him, and He'll take care of you."
Joanne
- She owns the building in Chicago where the Indonesian Consulate (who apparently never answer their phones) is located. Dad dialed her number on "accident", after exhausting all the consulate extensions, to no avail. She gave us the fax number of the consulate, advised us that they answer faxes quicker than phones, and she also gave us the phone number of her personal security guard in case we need further help, since she herself is on vacation next week.
Martin and Gerald
- My Kenyan father and brother, who prayed blessings upon my life and ministry while we all stood in their living room together on a sweltering day.
Nathan
- Who prayed over me in a gas station parking lot in Michigan.
Jim
- Who has hired me on as a girl on his farm (among all the big boys) to provide me with a job to earn money before leaving. He also tells me how much he prays for me and reminds me often that whether or not I believe it myself, I am a missionary, sent by God.
Marty
- The 66 year old woman I tutored this week, who had me give her my name so she could put me on her church's prayer list.
Katy
- Who is driving all the way out here to be with me the weekend before I leave.
Mom
- Who is making special meals for me all week, since I won't get any of my favorites for 3 years.
Dad
- Who has done so many "dad" things for me, like calling the Indonesian Consulate while I was at work and printing off CDC pages on what vaccinations I need.
Bellwether
- The boys in my band, who have promised to dedicate many songs to me in their concert the night before I leave.
And so many, many more...
Leaving has made me realize how loved I am...
No comments:
Post a Comment