21 January 2014

Pre-Calculus

We were learning how to plot points in polar coordinates in Pre-Calculus class today. I listed four points - A, B, C, and D - on the board along with their coordinates and had students try graphing them on their own.

After about 2 minutes, we got a little distracted...

Indian boy: ABCD is an Indian movie, you know. Any Body Can Dance.
Me: Anybody is one word.
Student: So? It doesn't matter. It's Bollywood. All that matters is that there's some dancing and 2 people hugging under a tree.

Hahaha...

They were really  not motivated today (not really new news). At one point, another one of the boys raised his hand. When I called on him, he said, "You know, Miss, if you want to get rich, you have to have a successful marriage. I learned that."

Later on, yet another one of the boys asked if he could borrow my shirt sometime. When I said no, he offered to buy it from me.

I'm wearing a hot pink tunic shirt.

Of course, none of this should surprise me. This is the class that insisted we should all Skype my mom on her birthday. Because, as they so adroitly put it, "It's probably about time we met your parents."

This class just last week also decided that I should move to Korea to be a K-Pop star. Because apparently I dress like one.

So if this teaching thing doesn't last, I guess I can always fall back on K-Pop.

No comments: