I have not dropped off the face of the planet.
Things are going well, in fact.
I've had several opportunities to travel lately! So far this year, I've been to Bali twice, Jepara (a beach area on the north coast of Java) once, and Jakarta once. And two of those trips were free!
I've been making slow home improvements, and my little apartment has been getting more and more homey. I had new sheets made for the first time in seven years. I got a large carpet to put in my bedroom so that I don't wake up to cold tile floors every morning. I got my first teapot so that I can heat water for hot beverages quickly. Little things like that.
Like I said, things are going well. It's been a good year.
I've just had ZERO motivation to write about it. I'm not sure why. Usually when I don't want to write, it's because I have a lot of heavy things on my mind and I either don't want to talk about them or I'm not sure how to express them in a way that is accurate to how I truly feel.
That hasn't been the case for the past month. I just have a total absence of desire to write.
So if I don't write again for awhile, I'm sorry. Mostly to my parents who I know are my most faithful readers. :)
I'll leave you with some recent school funnies. Because they are funny. And who doesn't like funny stories? (Answer: NOBODY.)
Student: I like your sweater.
Me: Thanks.
Student: The material is nice. Did you make it?
Me: No. But thanks for thinking that I could have!
Student: I thought you could do anything except push-ups.
Q: In the tennis championship between players A and B at Wimbledon, the first player to win 3 sets is champion. Find the number of different ways for player A to win the championship.
Student: I think something is wrong with this question.
Me: Why?
Student: Three people can't play tennis.
Me: There are only two players....
Student: Then who is Wimbledon??
Me: ...............
While walking past elementary soccer practice...
Coach: CAN WE PLEASE STOP EATING GRASS AND PLAY SOCCER?!?
Me: *silently praying* Thank you Jesus that you didn't call me to teach little kids.
Two 12th grade boys talking about their younger sisters (one in 11th grade, one in 9th grade).
Boy 1: I don't know who would ever marry my sister. She's gross. She burps and farts out loud. ALL the time. It's truly disgusting.
Me: Well, she's beautiful and she's fun to be around. Also, she has a boyfriend. So I'm pretty sure she'll be OK.
Boy 1: But I just don't understand why boys like her. She's gross.
Boy 2: My sister is gross too.
Me: Nuh-uh! Your sister is adorable!!
Boy 1: Yeah, your sister is cute.
Boy 2: No! She's gross! She...... POOPS!
4 comments:
I am a faithful reader all the way from Africa.
No way! Haha... That's awesome! Are you someone I know??
I actually read this yesterday. I just thought I'd say thanks, sweetie. You know how much I love knowing what's on your mind.
D
Post a Comment