07 July 2015

Things I Have Learned This Week

1. How to build and install an Indonesian septic tank.
2. Defamation of character is a crime punishable by prison time in Indonesia.
3. Indonesian allergy medicine is less than 50% as potent as American allergy medicine of the same brand and dosage.
4. When Ibu Sri climbs a mountain, she can't come to work for the next two days because she can't move her body.
5. My friends can find something to complain about in every situation. No matter what. Seriously.
6. During the fasting month, you should go nowhere between the hours of 5 and 6 PM.
7. My dear, darling Melanie is moving back to town on FRIDAY.
8. Kindles cost almost twice as much in Australia as they do in America.
9. Nothing is safe from thieves during Ramadan.
10. Broken helmets can be professionally glued back together.
11. Ice is a hot commodity.
12. If your internet breaks often enough, the technician will finally just give you his personal cell phone number.
13. No matter how well I take care of my clothes, they will get tiny inexplicable holes in them.
14. Ants will never stop coming.
15. My neighborhood is building a camel for the Idul Fitri parade this year. I know this because I almost crashed into it on the road in the dark. A GIANT CAMEL. It was horrifying.

No comments: