Two disasters happened last week, but both in a miraculous way.
1. A massive old maple tree fell on my family's house. When my dad messaged me to say it "swept down the south side of the house" I was under the impression that the tree had knocked down the entire south end of the house. Imagine my relief when I discovered that the entire house was still standing, and that the tree had just grazed the south end of the house as it fell! Because not having half a house would be bad business in Indiana in the winter. I'm thankful to still have a house to come home to (in just a few short months!), and I'm also thankful for the people who gave up a Saturday afternoon to come help my family clean up the giant tree in their yard.
2. The SAME DAY the tree fell, some close friends of mine here in Indonesia were sleeping in their home when the ceiling in their four year old daughter's room collapsed!! They have no idea how or why. They also don't know how it missed crushing their child in her sleep, as the (very heavy gypsum) ceiling panels that fell were above her bed... but somehow hit the ground BESIDE her bed. Once again, I am so thankful for God's hand of protection on that situation, and for the workers who came and fixed her ceiling and checked all the other ceiling panels in their still-new house!
And two things that I was really holding my breath over finally reached a happy ending!
1. My new passport arrived! So renewing my passport will be one less thing I have to think about this summer while I'm in America. I could have technically renewed it there, but then I would have to wait until I received the new passport to begin the extremely stressful visa application process to come back to Indonesia. Now I'll be able to get the visa ball rolling as soon as my paperwork comes through!
2. As of yesterday, I HAVE A REPLACEMENT! Someone who is already here in Indonesia and who is a licensed math teacher will be covering my classes for me during the first quarter of next school year while I extend my time in America to be at my brother's wedding! I have been praying about this since the beginning of this school year, before my brother even proposed!
As we prepare to celebrate Jesus's death and resurrection this week, all these events have been a good reminder that what He did for us wasn't just 2000 years ago on the cross. He is STILL working for our good - MY good - this week, today, in this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment