10 May 2017

Master Teacher

Due to sickness and death (which so far has been the theme of the year), our school has had limited human resources. As such, many of us have been attempting to cover classes for other teachers while also teaching our own classes.

In an unprecedented move (for me) I managed to somehow substitute teach the 7th grade math class one day last week while ALSO teaching my 10th grade math class. There were so many teenagers packed into one room I thought I was going to die of heat stroke. But we survived.

That feat wasn't enough for me though. No, I have set my sights higher. Much, much higher. Because, I mean, teaching two math classes at the same time - one of which was my own regularly scheduled class that I had prepped for - was not enough of a challenge. So on Friday of this week, I will be substitute teaching two classes for two other teachers in two different subject areas. During second period, you will find me simultaneously teaching 8th grade math AND 10th grade English.

Next time, I think I'll opt out of math altogether. Even though I don't teach 8th grade math, it's still a field I am far too familiar with. But let's see how Friday goes first...

No comments: