03 December 2009

paper

remember all those rules i put in place several weeks back for the rowdy 9th graders? one of them stated that if they slander, put down, or badmouth in any way anybody else in class, they have to write a paper on it explaining why they should not have said what they said, complete with Bible verses. i got a beauty from one student today entitled "Why I Shouldn't Insult People". It reads as follows.

"When I called Jose stupid it wasn't nice, even if it is true it isn't nice, therefore I shouldn't have said it. The Bible says to "love your neighbor as yourself", and I wouldn't have liked it if he said that to me. Also, I shouldn't have told Aditya to shutup. What Aditya has to say is important to [sic] therefore I shouldn't have said that. The Bible says to "love your enemies." Therefore I should love aditya and not tell him to shutup. Also, I shouldn't have called Kyuho a ho because obviously he isnt a ho because a ho is usually a woman, and obviously Kyuho has never done that."

well, i can see this student learned his lesson. ahem....

i found where my cat had her kittens at! and they are still alive! unfortunately, i cannot see them... i was out to dinner with some friends last night. one of them, andre, teaches indonesian at the language school next door to my house. apparently she had her kittens in the ceiling of one of their classroom buildings! so now during class, they can hear cats mewing and thumping around up there. oh no! dre assured me that they are no bother and that when they get bigger, if they are still trying to live up there, they'll have the guards get them down and bring them to me. whew! he replayed the following conversation for me from class earlier this week:

andre: oke, silahkan mengulang. (ok, please repeat after me)
cats: MEW, MEW, MEW!!!

he apparently thought that was hilarious, because throughout the evening, he repeated it 3 or 4 times.

No comments: