[8:29:12 PM] Dad: there?
[8:53:23 PM] Me: ya
[8:53:57 PM] Dad: hey
[8:54:03 PM] Me: how are ya?
[8:54:19 PM] Dad: good, you?
[8:54:48 PM] Me: gooood.
[8:54:56 PM] Dad: good
[8:55:01 PM] Dad: so, conversation this morning . . .
[8:55:39 PM] Me: with?
[8:56:18 PM] Dad: I'm making coffee in the kitchen and mom is in the dining room and I hear this cartoon-sound-effect-like noise: "snap-ba-ding!"
[8:57:18 PM] Dad: then she comes into the kitchen holding what's left of an old toothbrush . . . just the handle with the brush part clipped off (hence the noise)
[8:57:54 PM] Dad: mom: can you sharpen this end and drill a hole in this end?
[8:58:05 PM] Dad: me: sure, what are you making?
[8:58:10 PM] Me: a SHIV?!
[8:58:14 PM] Dad: mom: A shiv
*much later in the conversation*
[9:28:14 PM] Me: HAPPY BURFDAY! U IZ WON YEER YONGERZ THAN TWISE AS MUCH AZ THA AJE OF FIFE BADJERS!
[9:28:20 PM] Me: - my birthday message from zach via fb.
[9:28:57 PM] Dad: Mr. eloquent
[9:29:26 PM] Dad: this will put some things into a weird perspective for you . . .
[9:29:29 PM] Me: haha. i loved it.
[9:30:08 PM] Dad: you are now 24. Your mom was 24 when she gave birth to you
[9:30:15 PM] Me: i know.
[9:30:17 PM] Me: point?
[9:31:53 PM] Dad: I don't know that there is a point, just the weird way my mind thinks sometimes .. . I try to put things into perspective in different ways. Sometimes I try to compare your point of view to mine to make sense of things.
[9:32:09 PM] Me: oh. so you're not saying i should be married and making babies by now?
[9:32:22 PM] Dad: no, no, not that at all
[9:32:41 PM] Me: because frankly, i think you and mom got married too young. i mean look at her. 25+ years later and just this morning, the woman was fashioning a shiv out of her old toothbrush. it's finally gotten to her.
[9:33:14 PM] Dad: I want grandkids some day, but would never push you. You know (seriously) that I want you to do what God wants first. Nothing else matters, right?
[9:33:25 PM] Me: thanks dad. love you.
[9:33:38 PM] Dad: no prob, its easy
[9:33:44 PM] Me: and if it comes down to it, i can buy kids here for $50 a head.
[9:33:54 PM] Dad: oh, thanks
[9:34:06 PM] Me: maybe less if they have some kind of affliction.
[9:34:09 PM] Dad: I love it when you slap me back to "reality"
[9:34:17 PM] Me: always glad to help.
1 comment:
**giggling madly**
i. love it.
AND YOU!
Post a Comment