31 July 2011

Pensacola vs Bob Jones

Over the summer, we had some friends come visit us whose daughter just graduated and is planning on going to Pensacola Christian College down in Florida this fall. Now, like me, you might have just cringed. I mean, this school has a reputation as being a militaristic Christian cult. It is off the wall crazy with the rules. I asked said daughter about that, and she reassured me that the school is not at all like that and has loosened up in recent years. In fact, she claimed that Bob Jones wants nothing to do with Pensacola because they think Pensacola is TOO liberal! Whatttt?

So last night I did a little research. I couldn't find any current Pensacola rule books online, but based on pictures I saw on the website, it appears that they've loosened up on the dress code and the guy/girl interactions. When I got on Bob Jones' website, I did find their rule book. Nothing super surprising except for the following two rules that came together at the VERY end of the list of "Staying in the Residence Halls" expectations.

8. Residence hall students may not watch videos above a G rating when visiting homes in town and may not attend movie theaters.

9. All weapons brought to campus must be turned in for storage. Trigger locks are required for pistols.

Did anyone else laugh out loud when reading those two rules together? Or was it just me??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!!!

Grace doesn't look so bad now, does it? :D

A said...

OK, glad to hear it wasn't just me! I never thought Grace was bad. With the exception of campus safety. They were bad. :)

Unknown said...

Very true. Campus safety was the worst!

jlee said...

guy/girl still can't touch.
hahaha.
my elementary school friend is going there

here's the rulebook btw
http://www.pcci.edu/pathway/offline/download.pdf