Boyfriend’s roommate finally cut off his mullet!!!!! I have been waiting for this day. And waiting and waiting and waiting. I’m gonna chalk this up to the recent addition of his first girlfriend in his life.
Also I am sick. School always makes me pretty consistently sick, every year. Boyfriend spent all day with me yesterday (because it was Indonesian independence day so we didn't have to work) and gave me a leg massage. It was fantastic.
And when we went to get lunch, we wanted to eat at a new-ish restaurant outside of town. But it was closed (due to the holiday). So we were a little ways outside town and then we got a flat tire so we had to push the motorbike to a tambal ban (tire patching place) in the desa (village). A one legged man who lives in a clapboard wood house fixed the tire for us while his baby duck came and sat down in the dirt by my feet and the neighbor kids came out and stood by their well to watch me shyly. I didn’t even care that I felt like death or that it was 2 o’clock and I was ridiculously hungry. It was so quiet and peaceful and just sitting on a bench in the one-legged man’s dirt yard with all his poultry cackling about made me so happy my eyes actually filled up with tears. It was a beautiful day.
Happy independence day, Indonesia. But don't confuse independence with freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment