I have geometry students in teams of five rotating between different stations today. I just told them it was time to rotate but that they could have a 5 minute break first since they'd already worked steadily for 40 minutes. Of course, they were being loud and obnoxious as they moved their things to the next station, and everyone just sat down and started working right away. Naturally, I figured they hadn't bothered to listen to me, so I asked, "Did anybody hear me say that you can have a 5 minute break?" Several students said, "Yes, we heard!" So I asked why they weren't taking a break. They said, "We don't want a break. We want to keep learning."
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
** Edit - 30 minutes later **
And now we have this.
Pedro comes to my desk feeling very frustrated.
Pedro: TEACHER. The people in my group DON'T GET IT.
Me: So help them.
Pedro: But THEY CAN'T DO MATH.
Me: So be patient with them.
Pedro: I have to teach them EVERYTHING!
Me: Yes.....?
Pedro: You don't UNDERSTAND.
Me: Pedro. I teach them math EVERY. DAY.
Pedro: HOWWWWWW?????
No comments:
Post a Comment