Student: ARG! Why can't I get this problem!? I thought I was good at this stuff! You know how I feel right now?
Me: No, how?
Student: It's like when you think you're so good at guitar, then someone tells you that you stink and you go lock yourself in your cold, dark bedroom and you close the door of your heart and cry.
Male student: Is it weird to wear a skirt?
Me: No, why?
Student: Doesn't it kind of feel like you're not wearing anything at all? That would feel awkward.
Me: No. The material still touches your legs. You can tell you're wearing something. It's like wearing shorts, just without the middle part.
Student: Yeah, see, when I wear shorts, I usually feel kind of naked.
Me: Really??
Student: Yeah, I had the same issue when I made the change from tighty whities to... oh... you're a teacher... um. Never mind.
Student: I had a dream about you last night!
Me: Oh?
Student: It was a little scary.
Me: Oh, my... What was it about?
Student: I was lost in a dark forest. And you were one of the trees. Your body was the trunk of the tree and your hair was like an afro, but it was REALLY long, and that was all the branches and leaves of the tree.
Me: I can actually see that...
Student: So I was lost and I was scared in this forest and I saw you. And then you detached from the ground and started chasing me. But when you chased me, your head got pointier and pointier like a pencil. It was really scary. And then I woke up.
No comments:
Post a Comment