16 December 2013

There it is...

I always feel like the last month or so of every semester is a huge whirlwind of activity and vacation is a nice long time to catch my breath after that mess. But this end-of-semester has been fairly easy. In fact, I was thinking that just last week. Naturally, I jinxed myself. I think all of the craziness that should have occurred over the past month got crammed into this coming WEEK.

This week I have three days of teaching and two days of finals. So that means end of the year grading, finals prep for students, writing finals, grading finals, turning in quarter grades and final exam grades. I have three Christmas parties. I have to tutor English. I have three days to prepare and throw a bachelorette party. I have a wedding to go to on Friday. Then I have a traditional two day wedding (different from the Friday one) that I'm photographing on Saturday and Sunday. I'm also doing the flowers for that wedding. I'm hosting my church's college group on Thursday to make Christmas cookies. I need to do a test run on the Christmas cookies before then though, because I'm trying to find a recipe that doesn't have to chill for hours. I need to buy Christmas presents for people from school because after Friday, I won't see most of them again until the end of break. I need to get two packages ready for people in America that I'm going to send with my neighbor (who is going home for Christmas this Saturday). I need to get everything ready for the beginning of second semester because once break starts, I AM NOT SETTING FOOT IN THIS CLASSROOM. I need to go to the ATM so that I can give my helper her Christmas bonus this week. I also need to get two wedding gifts. Just remembered that one. Writing this all down is helpful.

Am I stressed? Not yet.
Will I be ready for break by the end of this week? GOSH, YES.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In case you're still looking for a recipe:

http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2008/04/taste-of-yellow-yellow-rose-sugar.html

This is my favorite sugar cookie so far (I've been looking for a good one for awhile). I use all vanilla flavoring instead of half almond half vanilla. Merry Christmas!