It is ant season. The time of year when rainy season changes to dry season and the ants move indoors in an attempt to find fresh food and (most importantly) water. This is also the season when they chew through the rubber fridge seal to give themselves 24 hour access and eat through plastic bags/packaging to get to whatever is inside. It doesn't even matter if the contents are sweet or not. They're in there. NOTHING IS SAFE.
Last night, I came home from Bible study (yes, Bible study two nights in a row. I'm so holy, right?) and everything looked normal. Then I felt really restless and I decided to go for a run (for the first time in.... maybe 2 years?). I made it almost a mile. In like 20 minutes. So yeah. That happened. And then I came back inside. And found...
ANTS EVERYWHERE. Like really. Walking in waves across my kitchen floor. Climbing the legs of my kitchen table. Climbing all of the cabinets, swarming in the sink and on top of the oven. They weren't even going to one specific place. They were EVERYWHERE. It was like some terrible low budget horror movie that everybody would be mildly grossed out by but not really scared of.
So I grabbed a can of Raid (bug poison) and thoroughly doused my kitchen in it. Then I realized that that may not have been the most sanitary idea. But the ants.... So I kept going. Until the entire can was gone. But there were still ants swarming all over the doors of my upper cupboards. So I filled a spray bottle with VINEGAR. It was all I could think of in a pinch. And it worked!!
I went to bed and left the writhing ants all over the kitchen. And I woke up this morning to find thousands more picking up where last night's crew had left off! I sprayed vinegar until I thought I was going to die of vinegar inhalation, which also happened to be the same time that all of the ants appeared to already be dead of vinegar inhalation. Then I opened all the doors and went to school. Ibu Sri is used to cleaning up my carnage by now. Bless her heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment