Wanna hear a gross story?
Graduation was yesterday. I was a tiny bit late getting out the door, so I threw my shoes on fast and started walking up to the high school. Something felt a little funny, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Until I got into the auditorium and parents and friends and families and students were coming in, and I was ushering them to their seats. Kind of. I was mostly just greeting people and letting them know which seats were for families of seniors and which seats were for everyone else.
Then I thought to myself, "Why does my foot feel all wet and sticky?" (FYI, this is a terrible question to have to ask oneself.)
Naturally, I took my shoe off to check. There was a freshly dead cockroach, mostly whole, but slightly smeared across the bottom of my foot. His legs were definitely stuck between my toes.
This was problematic, as I was still greeting people, now on one foot and with one shoe in my hand. One of my sophomores came in, and I pulled him aside, showed him my predicament, and asked him to bring me roughly 1000 tissues. He came back in no time at all with a huge pile of them, which I was able to use to wipe most of the nasty off my foot (and out of my shoe) with. Then I carried on as usual.
Wanna hear a better story?
I WILL BE ON A PLANE TO AMERICA IN ONE WEEK!!!!
I feel like I have SO MUCH to do between now and then! More teacher meetings, cleaning out my entire classroom, organizing all my files, checking in all textbooks, shopping for gifts, arranging money for summer bills, finding someone to take care of my bike and my cats, arranging airport transport, getting my exit permit and passport in order, packing...
I have faith it will all get done. And if it doesn't, then oh, well. Because I'm OUTTA here!
Goodbye, cockroaches...
No comments:
Post a Comment