08 September 2014

Lavender Scones

I've been on this lavender craze lately. I've been using it for everything I possibly could use it for. My most recent adventure was to cook with it. I made some lavender scones last night. FYI, if you want a delicious smelling house, bake something with lavender in it.

Anyways, the recipe ended up making way more than I thought it would. More than I can eat myself. So I brought them to AP Calculus class this morning. I only have 8 students in the class, and I like to treat them when I can. I mean, it's a tough class. I put their brains through the wringer just about every day.

I warned them ahead of time that this would be a different taste because there were actual flower parts baked into the scones. Everyone was brave enough to try at least one bite. Follow up comments included...

Did you put toothpaste in these?

My burp tastes flowery.

This is a taste that I have never tasted before. But I think it's good.

When I first tried it, it was not good. But then I kept eating it, and now it's good.

Is this even healthy?

Oh! This tastes like my shampoo!

Mmm... My mouth smells so nice now.


So I guess that maybe I should bake them some weird stuff more often. Makes for a good chuckle in math class and a very nice smelling house.

No comments: