25 November 2015

The Time I Wore the Same Pants For A Week

I thought things were slowly calming down and getting more normal. Then the last three weeks happened. And they were full of crazy. A bad kind of crazy. Not crazy busy. But more like people being crazy. Like students behaving badly. In ways that we have never experienced. In ways that we are not equipped to deal with. We are doing our best to muddle through the crazy with much research and many prayers. Ultimately, we have already sent two students home to receive therapy/counseling that we just can't provide for them here.

There have also been people getting crazy sick - two teachers and a student have been medevaced to Singapore. Which makes things crazier yet for those who remain here as we try to cover their classes while feebly attempting to maintain some semblance of order within our school walls while PEOPLE BE CRAZY.

I can't even share publicly about the majority of what has been happening. But believe me. IT HAS BEEN CRAZY.

I have been stressed out and brokenhearted and burdened and... TIRED. But yesterday, as I sat in class, I felt like God began to speak to my heart and show me what amazing people I was surrounded by. At that very moment, I was sitting on top of an empty desk right in the middle of the 10th grade class. Kids! Crazy kids! But I began looking around the room, thinking of each student in turn. Thinking of their character and the men and women I see them becoming right before my very eyes. And man, God was right. I was in the midst of greatness.

Later on in the day, we were praying as a staff. As we prayed about the many, many crazy and complicated and heartbreaking situations happening here, once again, I felt God begin speaking to my heart. He said three things.

1. I know.
2. I am bigger.
3. I have overcome.

And folks, there is so much PEACE in those three simple things.

It doesn't make the crazy any less crazy. But it at least makes it more bearable.

So please be praying with us as we try to contain the crazy. As we try to keep it together. As we try to lead young people in truth. As we seek wisdom. As we learn to recognize one another's brokenness and yet love as Jesus loves. As we make hard decisions. And as we desperately try to get a good night's sleep in the middle of all the crazy.

No comments: