10 December 2015

Mornings with Mas Doni

Our school has a cleaning guy. His name is Doni. He cleans stuff.

I often run into him on my walk to work, because he's walking in the same direction. So we chat until we part ways.

I always have a tumbler of coffee in my hand. Today's conversation started out focused on that.

Him: How do you drink coffee so early in the morning? Doesn't it upset your stomach?
Me: Nope.
Him: Did you have breakfast yet?
Me: Nope.
Him: You're crazy. What kind do you like the most?
Me: Good Day. It's just coffee mix. So it's not too strong.
Him: Well, I don't.
Me: Huh?
Him: I don't.
Me: You don't what?
Him: I don't like Good Day. I like you.
Me: ................
Him: So.... did you drink any of that coffee yet?
Me: No.
Him: I see. I picked the wrong time to flirt.
Me: Try again this afternoon after I've had this coffee. Pre-coffee flirting has no effect.
Him: Yes, I've learned my lesson. Coffee first, then flirting.
Me: Yes. That is the correct order.
Him: OK. Well, have a good day.
Me: What?
Him: Have a good day! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
Me: Oh, right. Thanks. Have a good day too!

No comments: