After five years of service, our school's current superintendent is leaving, and a new one will be taking over. The person taking over is the most senior teacher on staff, with nearly 20 years of experience working here. I'm excited for the change in leadership for two main reason.
1. I just genuinely like the guy. I've enjoyed working alongside him for the past eight years, and I look forward to working under his leadership as well.
2. With him now promoted to an administrative position, yours truly will be the most senior (expat) teacher on staff!
Today, we had an all school chapel where we recognized and prayed for departing students and teachers, and we also got to witness the passing on of the baton. Literally. Our school has a baton that gets passed from superintendent to superintendent. If you don't believe me, look at this terrible picture I took on my cell phone in a dark auditorium where if you use your imagination, you can barely see a wooden baton being passed from one man to another.
Before the current superintendent passed the baton, he gave a short speech, and part of it really stood out to me. In fact, I decided to write this entire blog post specifically so that I could share his words.
"My prayer for you is that you will always know
where the strength comes from
and where the praise goes."

No comments:
Post a Comment