Last night, I was dormsitting in the girls dorm until 9 o'clock.
Then I had to walk home in the dark.
To the back of campus. In the rain. Barefoot.
As I was walking across the soccer field, I was struck with a deep need to be careful.
It was like someone was saying to me "Heads up! Watch out!"
So I walked very slowly, straining through the pitch black and the rain to see what was around me. I prayed (as I often do when I walk in the dark) that God would protect my feet.
I made it home safely.
This morning, I came to school and found out that a student was bit by a snake last night.
On the soccer field. In the dark. In the rain.
At 9 o'clock.
I'm thankful my green boots made it to me in the mail this week.
At long last.
My feet will be safe.
Even in the dark.
BTW, Hannah (the girl who was bit) was rushed to a hospital in Semarang. From what I've heard so far, by the time they got there, the swelling and pain in her foot/leg had gone down. They thought it might have been a minimally venomous snake that bit her. However, an expert was called, and he said that the main snake around these parts that is NOT deadly hangs on to you when it bites. Given that Hannah didn't even realize she had been bitten (she thought she stepped on a thorn), that is clearly not the snake that bit her. But she didn't die. In fact, she's at school today. I, for one, don't mind chalking this one up as a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment