So I got randomly volunteered (without my knowing) to lead a ministry trip this weekend. Not that I mind. I was planning on going anyways. Leading it is a bit more intimidating. So here's the rundown. We're leaving today right after school to travel to a town about 4 hours north of us. While we're there, we will be sleeping/eating in a church gracious enough to host us. Between Friday evening and Sunday morning, these things are on our agenda: visit 2 youth groups, visit a Christian school, visit an orphanage, visit widows, beach ministry, Indonesian church. This is the first ministry trip that our school has ever taken to this town, so the hope is that we will build bridges through relationships there for future trips/ministry efforts. At the youth groups and school we'll just be hanging out, talking, sharing testimonies, etc. When we go visit the orphans and widows, we'll be taking clothes and toiletries (soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) and just spending time loving. At the beach, we're just planning on hanging out and having good conversations with whoever we can find. And at church, I've been informed that we're expected to get up and sing for them. Perfect.
Anyways, bottom line is: please pray. We will need it. I'll be traveling with a local family of 5, two American short-termers who only arrived in the country on Wednesday, and 6 students (5 of which are boys). The most important things to pray for go as follows:
1. A willingness in all our hearts to be used in any way.
2. Eyes to see the opportunities placed before us.
3. That love will reach the places where language (or lack thereof) cannot.
4. Safety.
Talk to you again next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment