Student: What does it mean when it says, "Be careful - extra information may be given"?
Me: It means extra information may be given.
Student: Like, extra?
Me: Yes.
Student: OK.
Student: Is it OK if I don't use all of the given information?
Me: Did you read the instructions?
Student: Yes.
Me: Did you read the part that says, "Extra information may be given"?
Student. Yes. So?
Student: OOOUUUUCH!!!
Me: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Student: Putting out your candle with my fingers.
(He had actually gotten into my desk while I was helping another student, gotten my matches out, dropped a match into my candle, then when it caught fire, he tried to put THAT fire out WITH HIS FINGERS. I now have an entire match stuck in my nice Christmas scented candle.)
Student: What does this mark on this diagram mean?
Me: I don't know, you made it.
Student: Oh. Thanks.
Student: Is problem 3 based on problem 2?
Me: Did you read the instructions?
Student: No, why?
Student: Can I use the information in problem 5 to answer problem 6?
Me: No.
Student: Why?
Me: Because the instructions say, "Each problem is completely separate from the others".
Student: Oh.
Me: Please don't wave your test around in the air. Everyone else can see your answers when you do that.
Me: Please don't wave your test around in the air. Everyone else can see your answers when you do that.
Me: Please don't wave your test around in the air. Everyone else can see your answers when you do that.
Me: PUT YOUR TEST ON YOUR DESK. NOW.
*student opens a candy and throws the wrapper on the floor*
Me: Please pick that up and put it in your pocket.
*student puts it on his desk then 30 seconds later sneakily knocks it back onto the floor*
Student: Is New Year's Eve on a Sunday?
Me: Do you need to know that right now?
Student: Where is E in this diagram?
Me: Look at the diagram.
Student: I did.
Me: Look closer. Where could E possibly be?
Student: Is this it?
Me: Does it say "E".
Student: Yes.
Me: Then...
Student: Oh, there it is!
Student: I HAVE A QUESTION.
Me: Then raise your hand, please.
*student raises hand*
Student: I HAVE A QUESTION.
Student: Can I take this test next week instead?
Me: Are you sick?
Student: No.
Me: Did you miss any class periods during this chapter?
Student: No.
Me: Why do you want to take it next week?
Student: I don't know.
Student: What does "choose the best answer" mean?
Me: It means decide which possibility most closely fits the information given.
Student: So there can be more than one?
I have mentally forehead palm-slapped myself a dozen times already. I'm about to forehead palm-slap someone else. And we're only 29 minutes in to a 70 minute test period.
No comments:
Post a Comment