19 January 2013

Oh, the Rains

Things I miss about dry season...

  • Carrying gum in my bag without it melting into liquid.
  • Keeping my bottle of vitamins on my bathroom sink without them growing fuzz.
  • Wearing skirts.
  • Feeling warm.
  • Going anywhere any time of day without getting drenched.
  • Not having to carry an umbrella everywhere I go.
  • Going for drives.
  • Growing plants and not having them drown.
  • Having nice hair.
  • Having clothes that don't always smell musty.
  • Drying clothes in one day instead of three.
  • Electricity staying on more consistently.
  • My house not being struck by lightning on a regular basis.
  • Pulling out a pair of shoes I just wore three days ago and not finding mold all over them.
  • Major cities not flooding.
  • The beach.
  • Picnics.
  • Soccer games.
  • Health.
  • Sunshine in the morning. Sunshine after school. Sunshine.
  • Not caring when the hot water goes out.
  • Wildlife living outside instead of always trying to come in my house.
  • Having a conversation at a normal volume.
  • Showing up to places with dry clothes on.
  • Not having muddy footprints all over the floor.
  • Working out after school.
  • Predictable weather patterns.
  • Having a dry helmet that doesn't make my hair smell musty.
Things I sometimes begrudgingly enjoy about rainy season...
  • Hot beverages.
  • Cardigans.
  • Hot showers.
  • Socks.
  • Falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof.
  • How green everything is.

No comments: