I've had several of those, "Well, you know you ____________ when __________" moments this week. Know what I mean? No, probably not. But to explain, here are a few of the ones I've thought of this week.
You know you live in a third world country when students are absent from school due to dengue.
You know you teach in an international school when parents send in excuse notes in a language that is not the first language of either one of you, and yet you both understand it.
You know you're talking to an Asian when they repeatedly refer to you as "Mister".
You know you live among a thrifty people when you ask why someone is absent from Bible study and the answer is, "Oh, he is busy cleaning pig ears to take home to his mom to cook".
You know you live in an awesome community when the night jaga cleans your motorbike for you at 2 AM to surprise you in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment