I made it home safely from Kalimantan on Tuesday, and I've spent the past two days catching up with people I've missed and haven't seen for about a month. Tomorrow I'm leaving again, this time for a weekend BEACH TRIP! I'm a little excited. But after that, travels are over, and it's time to buckle down and get some real work done! That also means time to edit and post some pictures from June's adventures. I'm pretending like you care.
The biggest thing that happened while I was gone was that gas prices rose for the first time since I've lived here. So that makes it the first time in at least 5 years. (Can you believe it's been 5 years?) They were actually supposed to do this last year, but there were SO many protests over that 20 cent raise that the government postponed it. A couple of times, actually. Then it felt like the raise kind of happened all of a sudden without a whole lot of warning. It was probably better to do it that way, but they're expecting protests over it all the way until August. The US Embassy sends us warnings about things like that.
So gas is all the way up to 65 cents a liter now. I might have to budget a whole $1.50 per week for gas instead of the usual dollar.
It's a rough life I have here.
No comments:
Post a Comment