So whatever is in my stomach is not leaving. With the exception of everything I eat or drink. ALL of that is promptly leaving. I can't even take any medicine because it doesn't stay long enough to actually do anything. One Immodium is usually enough to stop everything up for 3 or 4 days (generally causing an opposite but equally as uncomfortable malady). I took three in an hour on Sunday. Didn't even make a dent. So I gave up on that.
I've mostly been trying to make sure that what I eat is as healthy as possible so that I don't get too weak and drinking lots of water and electrolytes in an attempt to stay hydrated.
I'm on this weird cycle that looks like this:
1. Eat/drink something.
2. Have severe stomach pain/cramps/nausea because there is something in my stomach.
3. Spend 10-15 minutes in the bathroom.
4. Feel great for about 20 minutes.
5. Have severe stomach pain/cramps/nausea because there is nothing in my stomach.
6. Eat/drink something.
I really thought it was food poisoning at the beginning of the week and that it would get better if I gave it time. Compared to Sunday, it has definitely slowed down in intensity. But it's clearly still not better. SOOOO I'm gonna go get a blood test after school today, just to see if anything shows up. It might be a lingering virus. It might be a parasite. Hopefully I'll know by tonight.
In the meantime, I'm just VERY thankful that I've had enough strength to be able to teach this week, even if I have to do it sitting down. I'm also thankful for good friends who doctor me up and good co-workers who take over my classes when I need to go home and lay down!
*edit* I never ended up getting bloodwork done because it was storming like crazy Friday after school, so we postponed until Saturday. But Friday evening/Saturday morning I was feeling SO much better, I decided not to bother with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment