I've found that the group of 9th graders I have this year like to give compliments. But in the weirdest ways possible. Today, it went like this.
Student: Do you work out?
Me: Basically never.
Student: Then how do you have such a fabulous body?
Me: Uh...
Student: I mean, I would basically call that (waves her hand in my general direction) bikini ready.
Me: Uh... Thank you?
A few weeks ago it sounded something like this...
Student: Is this the answer?
Me: Do you think that is the answer?
Student: I am asking you. WAIT. Don't answer. Let me just study your face. I study your face so much I can tell when the answer is yes and when the answer is no without you even telling me.
Me: You study my face? You think you know my face?
Student: Yes. Your face is nice to look at.
And then there is this one who is just super thankful for everything I do. Including giving them tests. After the last test, she said, "Thank you for making and grading this test for us. In fact, I bet you put more total work into each test than we do taking it! I appreciate that."
I mean, I'm certainly not complaining. I really value their appreciation... I just wish that sometimes they could be a little less awkward about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment