01 April 2014

April Fools

I am always nervous on April Fools Day. I myself am not a big fan of pranks, but I spend all day every day with a group of ridiculous adolescents (whom I love dearly) that would not hesitate to jump at any excuse to do something terrible to their teachers.

Thankfully, I didn't find myself at the receiving end of any foolish tricks this April Fools. But I didn't totally miss out on the festivities. I actually ended up pranking myself a few times.

It was one of THOSE days.

My April 1st began with me accidentally turning my alarm off instead of hitting snooze. I woke up 30 minutes late and in a panic. APRIL FOOLS!

I also woke up to find literally (and I don't use that word lightly) thousands of ants swarming my bedroom floor. Unfortunately, I was in such a rush to get up that I didn't notice them until I had walked all the way across my room and noticed my feet felt wet. APRIL FOOLS!

At school, a girl showed up to class wearing a baseball cap pulled low over her face and a jacket with the hood up over the baseball cap. Thinking this must be the setup for some horrible class-disrupting prank, I required her to remove the sweatshirt and baseball cap in class. Turns out the poor girl actually had  a swollen black eye that she was embarrassed for anyone to see, and she almost burst into tears when everyone noticed and started asking if she was OK. Joke's on me. APRIL FOOLS!

I was asked to deliver a message to the librarian (who happens to be a good friend of mine), and so during my planning period, I headed up to chat with her a minute. I ended up being asked to remove myself from the library by a fellow teacher who claimed I was "disrupting the students trying to work". However, upon inspection, every single student was wearing earbuds while working, so I'm not really sure who I could have been distracting. But that other teacher is a real stickler, so for the first time in my adult life, I got myself kicked out of something - the library of the school I work at, no less! APRIL FOOLS!

Then, to top it all off, I got home from work and jumped in the shower. When I got out, I put my underwear on backwards. And didn't even notice right away. APRIL FOOLS!

Who needs pranks when I've got me?!

No comments: