Yesterday I was planning on teaching Spanish class the Spanish lyrics to some Christmas carols. So I chorded the songs out, brought my guitar to school, and was sitting on my desk before class, tuning and playing through the songs to make sure I remembered them. JiHoon, one of the Spanish students came in and came up to my desk and watched me for a minute, then pulled his wallet out of his pocket and began fishing through it. I wasn't really paying attention to him, until he handed me a 1000 bill.
JiHoon: Sorry, I don't have any coins.
Me: What's that for?
JiHoon: You're playing guitar.
So I should be a street musician. I could make money.
Another gecko died in my room yesterday. Right on my desk. He was ailing pretty badly, and having some serious respiratory and bowel issues, but there's a slight chance that I was the one who actually put an end to it all. On accident. The cleaning man is a witness, and he was the one to pronounce the little guy dead (I now know how to say "the gecko is dead" in Indonesian. What a learning experience. "Cecak mati") and take care of the body. This is 4 geckos that have died in here, I think. I checked with the previous teacher, who is now in the States, and he said he never found dead geckos. It just must be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment