I spent a good part of the morning de-molding. It started with my backpack. Last night, I looked down at it and realized that things were growing all over it. So I threw it in the shower to sit overnight. This morning, I saw that the two pairs of leather sandals I bought in Africa had whole biospheres growing on them. Then I checked my pair of Champions I left by the door after I got them soaked through (I had to wring out my socks) while walking in the rain last week. Sure enough. Green. Inside and out. So I got those things all washed out and threw them out on the lawn to roast in the sun for a few hours. Then I went to eat breakfast. I went to cut off a hunk of bread from this most delicious loaf I have. And I mistook my cutting board for some sort of Terrier sitting on my counter. So I scrubbed that, then left it to soak in bleach in the sink. I ate my bread, then went to fold some laundry that my pembantu hadn't gotten to last week. As I was hanging up a skirt in my lemari (wardrobe type thing), my hand brushed against a Golden Retriever. A WHAT?! In my lemari?! No, actually, it was one of my dresses. Quite fuzzy, I'd say. That went into the hamper. Immediately. Ugh.
"Welcome to rainy season." - Marie
1 comment:
that. is insane.
wow.
at this moment--even though i am sitting in my living room on my couch in my house, i'm shivering--i do not envy you your tropical island, babbie. :D not today.
but i do miss you. and think about you oh so often. and am in the process of procuring a webcam. because i'm having a terrible time trying to write you a second email. mostly because i want to SEE you and HEAR you! ...much as i enjoy your writing ;).
i love you, babbie.
~ruthie
Post a Comment