31 December 2011

happy new year!!

Happy January first, 2012 from jimbaran, bali!! I'm actually writing this from my blackberry while using the wifi at an Italian restaurant here. Can't wait for my berry smoothie and pizza! The food on bali is definitely a highlight after a year of rice and chicken. I get to eat lunch with 4 friends who now live on papua as well as two others who currently live and work on another island in the archipelago. I have to say, this year is off to a great start!

We rang in the new year laying on the beach and watching airplanes take off and fly overhead. Several drunk people were in a particularly celabratory mood and were setting off fireworks in all directions. It was less than safe, but fun to watch!

We'll be headed back to java in 3 days. In the meantime, we're just enjoying the beach life, swimming a lot, hiking a little, getting a nice tan, visiting with friends, living in an open air bungalow, eating lots of delicious food, learning to salsa dance, and sleeping in! I haven't taken too many pictures (sorry dad), but I'll post as many as I can when I get back!!

No comments: