05 December 2011

Meet Soon

His name is Soon. He’s my student, he’s in the 10th grade, and he’s Korean. He has given me a few reasons to smile this week. The first was when he nonchalantly showed up to school yesterday “wearing” a moustache for no apparent reason.

IMG_1222IMG_1225IMG_1226

Also, I was introduced to his YouTube channel this week. He is a fantastic musician. He’s posted a bunch of covers he’s done on his YouTube site. My favorite is probably the Bob Dylan one. Not a favorite (or terribly wholesome) Dylan song, but still – a 17 year old Korean singing Dylan? Awesome. And he plays all the instruments himself. So check it out HERE.

The picture below is a little off topic, as it was not drawn by Soon. I found it drawn on the bottom of a PreCalculus quiz I graded this morning and it made me smile.

IMG_1229

So in case you haven’t heard, I’m engaged! : ) Here’s a rough but real picture of the ring…

IMG_1218

And here’s how he did it…

DSC_1783

No comments: