09 May 2013

Panda Express

Today was senior chapel, where each senior got to come to the stage and be "interviewed" by one of the teachers. They were asked the following questions:

1. What was your favorite school year and why?
2. Do you have an embarrassing moment or funny story to share?
3. What is the biggest rule you've broken at school?
4. What will you miss the most when you leave?
5. What advice would you give to the younger students?

One senior, when asked what he would miss the most, answered that he will miss Asian food. He described it perfectly when he said, "If you've lived in America before, you know that Panda Express can only do so much for you".

I think that made me laugh harder than any other answer. It is so true. And dear American friends, you really don't know what you're missing out on. So just enjoy Panda Express for as long as you can.

My favorite answer was when another senior, when asked the same question, said (to the best of my memory), "I'm going to miss this town as a whole. I'm going to miss the simplicity of this town. I'm going to miss the people in this town. I've had so many adventures here, I've grown so much here, and I have so many memories here."

I'm thankful that it's not my turn to leave. Because my answer would be exactly the same. Except that I would probably cry a lot while saying it.

No comments: