31 January 2011

Oh, my dear heavens....

Foods that I have cooked in the last week or that I plan to cook in the next week due to my mother sending me 2 blocks of cheddar cheese in the mail that I have not cooked for the past 2.5 years

1. Quesadillas. Seriously, I have made at LEAST 20 of these in the last week.

2. Barbecue chicken and cheddar sandwich. THREE times.

3. Grilled cheese sandwich. Not yet.

4. Garlic cheesy bread. Last night. With pesto.

5. Macaroni and cheese. Tonight’s dinner.

6. Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese in them. Not yet.

7. Heck, I’ve just been coming home from work and taking bites out of the blocks of cheese. No sense keeping that a secret.

8. Cheese and crackers.

9. Nachos. Because I still have some of that shredded, canned beef and pork saved that mom mailed me for Christmas last year. Haha.... I just need to find some time to make the chips.

10. Burnt cheese stuck to a pan. So that was a byproduct of the garlic cheese bread, but I love it so much that I contemplated actually making a whole pan of burnt cheese stuck to a pan. It’s still a possibility.



*edit* I am currently eating the macaroni and cheese. I don't wanna brag or anything, but it's basically amazing. That might have something to do with the fact that for some reason, I cannot find fresh milk anywhere lately, so I used thick cream and a bunch of cheddar mixed with mozarella. I think this is the richest mac and cheese I've ever had... Or maybe I just haven't had it for so long that I've forgotten what it's supposed to taste like.

No comments: