31 March 2011

Nature Update

Last night in my house, I killed only normal things, you'll be glad to hear (but not as glad as I was). I came home at about 10 and thoroughly inspected everything. I found an inchworm and a spider the size of my thumbnail. Normally I would just let them go, but as I told them, "Sorry, wrong place at the wrong time. But mostly just the wrong time." And squish they went. Not taking any chances.

When I first got home (after English language fellowship) and pulled in the gate, Hotjaga mused about what I would find in my house when I went in. He also felt the need to inform me that they released the python earlier that afternoon - the one that was caught a few weeks back. It wasn't doing well in captivity, so they set it free near the river that runs behind my house. Hotjaga told me the snake was probably in my house, waiting for me. Thanks, friend.

No comments: