29 March 2011

This Was A New One

I’ve had my share of normal sized spiders in my house. And I have 2 hand sized, yellow garden variety spiders that live outside. But tonight.... Oh, tonight.

I got out of the shower, threw on a towel, walked to my room to get some clothes, and about had a heart attack. On the wall, right above my lemari (wardrobe) was this guy. Just chillin, like he owned the place.

IMG_1228

Look at that devil eye glowing. I’ve never been afraid of spiders, but this one... In my house... Near my bed... So close to bedtime. Well, it just would not do.

IMG_1231

At any rate, I used a large storage box and a folder to capture it. Because I was afraid if I tried to kill it, it would attack my face or run to safety behind the wardrobe, and then I would never be able to sleep, knowing this beast was running loose in my bedroom. Once I successfully caught it, I decided to take it to Hotjaga who is conveniently posted at the back gate this week (right outside my house). I handed him the box, and just said, “help”. He had on big boots, so he killed it for me.

So it’s not the world’s biggest spider. But it was the first time I’ve had one of this magnitude in my house. Hold out your hand, palm side up. From the base of your palm to your first knuckle is about how big this guy was. Please, shudder with me.

No comments: