If you’ve read my last 2 posts, you know that the past couple days have not been... in my favor, shall we say. I ended up having lunch with one of the ACSI people today, but it was along with the whole girl’s dorm, so I didn’t have to say much. I just had to sit there and listen to her apologize to the girls for taking their time. Or, in her words, “Think of this time like math class. It’s really awful and boring, but it has to be done.” Thanks, lady. Everyone at the table was cracking up, but ACSI lady never caught onto why.
Anyways, I made it through the day with a lack-of-sleep-induced headache, and got home shortly after 3. Today was pay day for my helper, and I had left her some extra money because she had done some extra work for me earlier this month (ie: staying after work to help me bake pies for pi day. AKA – Ibu Sri baked 4 apple pies and I baked none). Normally I pay her $23.50 a month. My 2 neighbors pay the same, and her total wages per month end up being around $70. Today, I left her $30. This is mostly because I had just come from the ATM and had no small money. But also because I really value this lady, and I just felt like giving her some extra this month.
I found a note on the kitchen counter from her when I got home. It made me tear up. It said:
Makasih utk uang yang lebih. Tuhan pasti balas kebaikan Nona. Dan anak Ibu pasti hari ini senang karena dia ingin sepatu baru. Karena sepatunya dah sobek. Dia dah lama berdoa utk sepatu. Tuhan kirim Nona untuk memberi uang lebih buat beli sepatu. Tuhan itu baik dan dasyat melalui Nona. Tuhan memberi pada saat yg tepat, ya kan?
Translation:
Thank you for the extra money. God will definitely respond to your goodness, Miss. And my child will surely be happy today because he wants new shoes. Because his shoes are already torn/full of holes. He’s been praying for new shoes for a long time. God sent you to give this extra money to buy shoes. God is good and amazing through you. God gives us what we need at the right time, ya?
It was a kick in the butt from God.
Me: I didn’t get enough sleep last night because there was a snake and I have allergies.
Ibu Sri: Praise God! I can buy shoes for my child!
I really have nothing to complain about. Nothing at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment