Yesterday was boyfriend’s birthday. I told him I wanted to cook for him (since neither of us is too big on gifts). So he requested beef, then pork, then surprise me, then eating out, then fish. So I went with the fish since I have 10 pounds of tilapia filets in my freezer. I’ve never cooked fish before and I couldn’t find a sufficiently delicious looking recipe, so I did what felt right. And it just felt right to lay them out on a cookie sheet and cover them with a dose of fresh squeezed lemon juice, melted butter, minced garlic, freshly ground pepper and a touch of steak seasoning. They came out a little lemony, but they were delish. One guest, who isn’t really fond of seafood, had seconds and thirds! This was accompanied by white rice, which I realized I was almost out of (and you have to buy a minimum of 5 kg if you wanna buy another bag, but that seems excessive since I’m leaving in 10 days), so I also made a four cheese pasta dish for a side to make up for the lack of rice. And corn on the cob. And brownies and ice cream. But I didn’t make the ice cream.
After dinner, boyfriend told me that he’s thankful for me. That is really nice to hear. He also took and edited a picture of us.
Another favorite part of the evening was when he noticed my new sweatshirt I bought in Semarang this weekend (all the single ladies spent the night Saturday – Sunday in a hotel there to have a small bachelorette party for a teacher who will be leaving us this year to go home and get married). He liked it and asked (in Indonesian) how he could express that he likes my style in English. So I suggested a few words such as style, fashion sense, etc. He interjected with “taste. Can I say I like your taste? Is that right?” I told him yes.
“Oh, OK. Then I like your taste. You are very.... tasty.”
No comments:
Post a Comment