31 January 2012

One of Those Days

It started raining yesterday at about 1 o’clock in the afternoon. And it rained. all. night. long. And rained and rained and rained. So I drank some tea. And it was still raining when I woke up this morning. It was so dark out, I hit snooze a few too many times. When I finally woozed out of bed, I had about 15 minutes to be out the door. So I threw on the first shirt I saw that had long sleeves (I don’t have many, but it was chilly this morning). Then I realized that part of my shirt was coming loose. It has this decorative… uhmm… stuff around the collar (I wish I could take a picture of it, but a friend borrowed my memory card on account of his wife took both of theirs out of the country this week), and a piece of it was sticking out funny.

I didn’t feel like looking for a new shirt, because that would take me longer and I’d have to find pants to match and I was already dressed and any other long sleeved shirt would be on the bottom of the stack and would probably be moldy anyways. So I did what anybody who grew up in my house would do.

I superglued it. I actually superglued my shirt back together. At 7 AM.

Then I went to school. That shirt was new for Christmas, and I hadn’t worn it to school before. Based on the comments I got, I’m not sure yet if I’ll wear it to school again or not.

“I like your shirt. Now you actually look like somebody’s wife.” – Yohanes

“You look younger today. I think it’s that shirt. Are you in a bad mood?” – 9th grader

“OHMYGOSH! YOUR SHIRT IS SOOOOOO CUTE! *squeal*” – 10th grader

“You don’t normally wear shirts like that.” – more than one person

“You look so casual today. Like me. I’m wearing slippers.” *sticks foot in my face* – 9th grader

And it proceeded to rain. and rain. and rain some more. It was still raining when I came home from school. And now that I’m about to go to bed, it sounds like it finally stopped. We’ll see how long that lasts…



Also, as an interesting side note, I'm pretty sure black cat threw up an entire chicken neck on the floor this evening... Pleasant.

No comments: