Is something still technically untitled if I entitle it “Untitled”? It’s like our goat, No-Name. We couldn’t think of a name, so we started referring to her as No-Name. It stuck.
Anyways, I was looking through some pictures from this month, and as I sometimes do, I am posting all the cool ones that weren’t noteworthy enough to earn their own blog post.
1. One late night toward the end of Christmas break, I was trying to find a way to keep my hair out of my face. The following resulted. In these photos, all of my hair is held in place with exactly ONE bobby pin.
Yes… yes I did just take an over the shoulder backwards picture of myself in the bathroom mirror and post it on my blog.
2. The sky from the toll road on the way to Semarang about two weeks ago.
3. Cat testing out the blanket I started crocheting. I have since ripped it all out because I can’t for the life of me make the stupid edges go in straight lines. At least cat got to enjoy it once.
4. Here are my stealth photography skills at work. A group of us went to Solo over the long weekend a week ago, and while we were in a donut/coffeeshop located in the mall, these two girls came and sat down near us. I couldn’t resist taking their picture, for what I think are obvious reasons. They reminded me of something that either my dad once said or that I once read in a Far Side cartoon (sometimes the two aren’t far off), “Fashion is a competition to see who can look the most like a retarded clown”. But I feel awkward just taking random people’s pictures (because I hate it when random people do it to me), so I “pretended” to take Leah and Liz’s picture and just innocently happened to catch the clowns… er… other girls in the background.
5. That same day in Solo, we were waiting for the rain to stop, so we went into Matahari, an Indonesian department store, in search of grammatically incorrect and/or awkward T-shirts. The best ones are always at Matahari. That day we found some gems, including, “Scream. I like it”, “If you know what I mean…”, “I am so shy”, and this gem…
Of course I bought it. But now I’m not sure where to wear it to…
6. The amount of stuff left ON THE FLOOR in my room after ONE CLASS of 10th graders. It never ceases to astound me how being raised in a home with helpers seems to retard the part of the brain that controls the development of personal responsibility. On this particular day, about 75% of the class left garbage and/or personal belongings behind.
7. I saved the best for last. Mostly because it is the most recent picture on my computer. But also because it is fantastic. I got a box from my lovely friend, Em! And it came full of BOOKS IN ENGLISH! I cannot even tell you what a luxury that is and how excited I am! She also sent along some other fabulous odds and ends like fabric quarters and fall-ish scented candles and mousse! Thanks, Em!
One more thing before I go. Number 5 reminded me of the best shirt I have ever seen, and I’m not sure if I ever blogged a picture of it. It was, of course, seen in a Matahari store (but not the one in Solo). I think I might actually pee my pants laughing if I ever see someone wearing this shirt.
WHO COMES UP WITH THIS STUFF?!?!?
1 comment:
congrats - that cat tshirt photo you posted made this pregnant woman almost pee her pants laughing!
:D
So glad the box got there ok - let me know what you think of the books!
Post a Comment