06 January 2012

Traditions

Tradition number 1. No matter who else comes to Bali with us, Yohanes, Peco and I will always be together for New Years. We are the only three people who have been there every year for the past four years in a row.

New Years 2009

n585322749_1716990_2744

New Years 2010 (We never actually took a picture of the 3 of us together that year, but I promise I took the following picture of the two of them, so that is proof that we were all three there!)

DSC_3416

New Years 2011

IMG_0400

New Years 2012

IMG_1341

Tradition number 2. The first two years I had this great tradition of taking a picture of the first sunrise of the year. It worked well for those two years, then it all went to heck.

First sunrise of 2009 (taken from Sanur)

DSC_2395

First sunrise of 2010 (taken from Gili Air over Lombok)

DSC_3443

First sunrise of 2011. This was the year that we saw – not exaggerating – TWO HOURS of sunlight during our 10 days on Bali. I set an alarm for 4:30 on New Years Day, woke up, looked out the window, saw that it was pouring down rain, and went back to sleep.

First sunrise of 2012. I already broke the tradition last year, so why bother? We were on the west side of the island anyways, so it wouldn’t have made for a good sunrise photo.

Tradition number 3 (kind of). I like finding Happy New Year signs and taking pictures of them. I’ve done this a couple times, so I think I’ll make it my new tradition. I like it because I don’t have to wake up at 4:30 to accomplish it.

DSC_3557

IMG_1378

Any good suggestions for other New Years traditions out there??

No comments: