Here's the word of the day. Just TRY to say it.
Adzdzikri.
That's right! Adzdzikri.
Although it's not so much a word as the name of the mosque next to one of my favorite noodle restaurants (they make their noodles by hand!). But still... I wonder what it means.
2 comments:
Hello,
If this word is what I think it is, Dhikr means remembrance of God. Dhikr is an all-embracing term that, in addition to including the ritual acts of worship, covers an array of activities of the tongue and heart. It involves thinking of and making mention of God at all times and in every area of our lives. This is the worship that has no special time, but is performed constantly so that it permanently links up man’s life with God and His service.
The importance of constant dhikr cannot be emphasized enough, particularly if we desire to be on the receiving end of God’s attention, Grace and Mercy.
I hope that will answer your question. By the way, I used to live in the State and my husband is an American.
Salam (peace),
Dina
Thanks for that explanation! Maybe the name of this mosque comes from the word Dhikr. I really like the concept that you explained - a constant act of worship connecting our very beings with God.
Post a Comment