Summer Goals Update
Finish curriculum maps for school by June 18th. (HALLELUJAH!) - Clean out and reorganize the filing cabinet in my classroom to make it more efficient to use.
- Teach Kohl how to play piano. (2 lessons so far and going strong!)
- Get access to a piano and practice it at least once a week as well as guitar. (Doing good.)
- Have a picnic on top of a mountain.
- Climb to the top of the Beringin tower (the tallest building in town) and spend an afternoon looking at the rooftops of the city.
- Go on drives/walks with the express purpose of taking pictures at least 3 times. (I’ve done this twice already.)
Finish season 1 of Downton Abbey with Melanie. - Read at least 100 chapters of the Bible. (About a quarter of the way there.)
Drive my motorbike to Solo. Talk to the homeless man at the stoplight north of town. Go swimming and get a tan. - Stay at a local hotel once just for the fun of it. Order room service and try not to notice that the fried rice probably costs five times as much in the hotel as it does on the sidewalk in front of the hotel.
- Go to Semarang to have lunch with Vartika at least once before she moves to America.
- Read and translate at least 10 Indonesian fables. (I’ve done 2.)
- Learn to make grilled stuffed burritos with all local ingredients. (Still tracking down all of the ingredients.)
- Find a good tailor and take the pile of slightly-too-large hand-me-downs that has been building up for a year in to be altered so that I can finally wear them.
- Leave the island once. Ideally, leave the country once - to Singapore or KL. (Leaving the island twice this summer, but probably not the country.)
- Go on dinner dates with Liz. (First one scheduled for next week!)
- Re-learn calculus so I can teach it next year.
Don't avoid goodbyes. Spend lots of time with people who are leaving, even when I feel like I should be accomplishing something else on my list. Exercise. At least once. All summer. (I would say I’ve exercised at least 3 times. Above and beyond, that’s my motto!) - Read the books I own that I haven't read yet, and don't download and watch seasons of TV shows instead. (Haven’t downloaded ANY new shows. Finished two books already.)
- Be intentional about learning more Indonesian. Read the dictionary.
- Take a vitamin every day. (I missed one day while I was in Karimunjawa. I’m a failure… (JK))
No comments:
Post a Comment