22 June 2012

Well, Now I’ve Done It

I was helping a friend re-arrange furniture in her house in anticipation of her mother’s arrival from Germany tomorrow. We were switching out a twin size bed in the guest room with a  double bed from the other guest room (her house has a lot of rooms). As we were carrying the bed frame out, it started to slip, and for some silly reason, I ended up catching it on my wrist. It didn’t hurt, and we finished carrying it out and moved the other bed in, and I happened to glance at my wrist and noticed that blood seemed to be pooling under the skin. That kind of freaked me out a bit as that doesn’t happen every day and you have some serious veins in your wrist. My first thought was that I was probably going to die. But then I thought I might be overreacting a little bit, so I texted my dad and woke him up to double check. He told me to take two aspirin and call him in the morning (after checking with my mom – the medical pro in our family – and reassuring me that I was most likely alright).

But I feel like it’s a new adventure! I’ve never had blood pool under the skin in my wrist before! I’ve never burst a blood vessel before! It looks pretty cool. My wrist is all black and purple. I made my friend take a picture that does not do it justice, but here it is.

IMG_1388

And then later this evening, I took anther one myself close up without the flash and after I had actually painted ALL my nails so that you can see what it actually kind of looks like in real life. So here is that one:

IMG_1391

It’s like a bruise that doesn’t hurt UNDER my skin. The jaga at school earlier told me to rub some oil on it and it’ll be fine. Seems about as sound as dad’s advice.

No comments: