An Indonesian friend gave me some medicine for my mouth today. He swears by it. It comes in a brown, glass bottle, Watkins style, and as it sat on my desk at school throughout the day, more than one student asked me why I had a bottle of liquor sitting there. It is called TCP Liquid Antiseptic. I am fairly certain that TCP stands for Toxic Carp Pits, but only because I can't think of anything else that sounds grosser. It hails from the UK and the label claims that it "soothes pain, fights infection for sore throats, mouth ulcers, cuts, grazes, bites, stings & spots". Based on the pungent, pungent smell alone, I was not excited to put this stuff in my mouth. Even in a glass bottle with the lid firmly sealed, I could smell the stuff throughout my classroom. Open the bottle and your eyes water.
But I forced myself to try it tonight with Aswan by my side getting all the things I screamed for. "WATER! OHMYGOSHGETMEWATER!!!! I AM DYING!!!! NO! THE WATER ISN'T HELPING! JUICE, GET ME JUICE!!! AAAAAHHHHH! GUM! I HAVE SOME GUM! TRY THE GUM! OH, MY FACE!!! MY FACE!!! IT IS DYING!" I even brushed my teeth and I still taste this stuff, 30 minutes later...
The up side is that after the initial pain in which I thought it might be burning holes in my gums, it made my whole mouth go numb. Numb enough that I actually COULD brush my teeth, which I just completely skipped over this morning due to the pain level (ssshhhhh.... brushing teeth is overrated anyways).
Also, Aswan took me to the apotek (the drugstore where you can get ANYTHING without a prescription) so I could buy some of the only antibiotic available in Indonesia that doesn't contain penicillin (I'm allergic). I'm sick of not being able to smile, whistle, drink hot or cold beverages, eat without pain or open my mouth wider than 2 fingers width. Gonna nail this infection any way I can - even if that means drinking Toxic Crap Puddles! Or whatever this stuff is called...
No comments:
Post a Comment