When I went home with Aswan for Lebaran, I asked his mom if she had any pictures of him as a child. She told me about two pictures she knows of - one of boyfriend by a Christmas tree at church with his older sister and one of her holding boyfriend in her lap when he was a baby. She didn't know where the photos were though, as many of her things have been destroyed over the years by humidity and flooding and others have been lost while moving from one house to another.
Later, boyfriend told me that he actually has those two pictures, so he dug them up and brought them to show me, along with several others from when he was in his early twenties and had a mullet. Um.. Ew.
But I love love love the two of him from when he was little. In the baby picture, his mom is holding him, his older sister is standing beside, and his mom's younger sister is behind. My boyfriend was a fat little Chinese baby!!! Awwwww! As he's gotten older, he's gotten more and more Javanese looking. Most people can't tell that he's half Chinese. Even by the time the second picture was taken when he was 4-ish, he doesn't look so Chinese anymore. I treasure these two pictures, as they are the only physical view I have into boyfriend's childhood!
No comments:
Post a Comment