Sometimes I like sharing about my day. So I'm gonna do that now.
6:40 - woke up 10 minutes late because my phone keeps changing the time.
7:00 - still made it to school just in time for devotions with the Indonesian staff. Managed to scarf down half a pineapple I found in the fridge on the way.
7:40 - PreCalculus, in which one boy sitting in the front managed to slowly steal all my whiteboard markers AND erasers and sneak them back to other classmates without me EVER actually seeing him do it.
8:35 - Algebra 1, in which I had to explain the concept of grade (in relation to incline) SIX times because nobody can listen the first time.
9:35 - Algebra 2, in which I gave them a critical thinking math activity and told them that they are not allowed to ask any questions about it until the last 10 minutes of class, thinking that this would keep them from asking mindless questions like they ALWAYS do. As it turns out, nobody did the project until the last 10 minutes of class in which I could not keep up with the barrage of questions. Epic backfire.
10:30 - Chapel, in which we had a praise and worship and prayer time and one senior girl shared her awesome testimony with all of us. I love having fellowship in English.
12:00 - Indonesian beef stew for lunch made without any salt or pepper. Yum.
12:35 - Geometry, in which I got told that I look like Beyonce.
1:30 - 9th grade teacher meeting in which we spent an hour discussing what on earth we are going to do to correct these behavior problems. We are going militaristic on them, because we know that is what it's going to take for this group. From now on, they raise their hand before talking. ALWAYS. And when they don't, they have to come to school 30 minutes early the next day and sit in silence. They must also pick up ALL their things (including garbage) when they leave. If the room is a mess when they go, they get 2 extra laps (almost 1/2 mile) in PE. Fingers crossed for successful implementation after meeting with the kids on Friday.
2:30 - madly grade homework for 45 minutes.
3:15 - teacher's meeting.
4:00 - open house at the new boss's house. I found two paintings of African jakaranda trees hanging on his daughter's bedroom door. I knew right away who had painted them. And that was confirmed when I read the name in the bottom corner. M. Mwangi. Martin, my Kenyan dad. And then I almost cried in front of everyone. As it turns out, nobody in my boss's family (they used to live in Kenya) ever even met Martin. They found the paintings in an empty house and kept them. So then I was one of the last to leave because we were all standing around reminiscing about Nairobi... It was really good, but it made my heart miss Africa.
5:30 - come home, realize that Ibu Sri cooked nothing today (because she was busy learning to make Indian curry at someone else's house! Score!) and a friend is coming over soon for dinner. Sit on the couch and check my email.
6:30 - drive to town and buy an awesome nasi bakar meal - rice wrapped in banana leaves and grilled, grilled tempe and chicken, crushed green chilies, and guava and mango juice, because I couldn't actually decide which one I wanted more.
7:00 - said friend comes over and we eat together while watching episode 1 of season 3 of Parenthood!
8:00 - sit around and talk about lots of things.
8:45 - friend goes home and I read one of the American magazines she brought to me. inTouch - December 2010. I am so up to date on my celebrities. Not. But the magazines go through July 2011. So maybe by Sunday I'll be more caught up.
9:45 - start to research places to stay for Christmas Bali vacation. Jealous?
10:00 - BLOG!
And soon, I will sleep. Fuuuuuuull day! How was yours??
No comments:
Post a Comment