18 November 2011

Bugs

1. The red ants are still out there. All over the sidewalk and the yard. I guess I didn’t sweep their nests far enough away. I feel like I can’t leave my house. Also, they are doing military exercises with a helicopter over my house. They do this a few times a year. It kind of weirds me out, because the helicopters fly over really low 5 – 10 times.

2. I happened to find THIS picture on a website last night, so I spent some time today trying to track down what on earth kind of bug that is on the right. I found one in my bed (see photo below) when I lived on Sumatra last summer, but nobody knew what on earth it was.

DSC_7764

Anyways, through a long (5 minute) tedious process, I found THIS website. Apparently, it’s a Malaysian Orchid Mantis, the most sought after mantis in captivity. Gee, I missed my chance to make money off the stuff I find in my bed. Awesome internet searching skills come in handy once again…

No comments: